Sunday, March 2, 2008

Poems - Mind Power & Life




Hôm nay thử đọc thơ English xem thế nào. Đã nói là thơ thì tiếng Việt hay tiếng Anh đều có vần điệu, cú pháp, song hành, đối xứng đàng hoàng . Rất thích bài thơ "Mind Power", hay cả cách làm thơ đơn giản, nội dung và ý nghĩa.

My mind and your mind are kingdom, our life is full of miracles and thus we should use our mind power and enjoy our life. "Smart people learn how to improve their lives, happy people learn how to live with their shortcomings." Live our life to its fullest...

Mind Power

My mind to me a kingdom is,
Such present joys therein I find,
That it excels all other bliss
That world affords or grows by kind.
Though much I want which most would have,
Yet still my mind forbids to crave.

No princely pomp, no wealthy store,
No force to win the victory,
No wily wit to salve a sore,
No shape to feed a loving eye;
To none of these I yield as thrall,
For why my mind doth serve for all.

I see how plenty suffers oft,
And hasty climbers soon do fall;
I see that those which are aloft
Mishap doth threaten most of all;
They get with toil, they keep with fear:
Such cares my mind could never bear.

Content I live, this is my stay,
I seek no more than may suffice;
I press to bear no haughty sway;
Look, what I lack my mind supplies.
Lo! Thus I triumph like a king,
Content with that my mind doth bring.

Some have too much, yet still do crave;
I little have, and seek no more.
They are but poor, though much they have,
And I am rich with little store.
They poor, I rich; they beg, I give;
They lack, I leave; they pine, I live.

I laugh not at another’s loss;
I grudge not at another’s gain;
No worldly waves my mind can toss;
My state at one doth still remain.
I fear no foe, I fawn no friend;
I loathe not life, nor dread my end.

Some weigh their pleasure by their lust,
Their wisdom by their rage of will;
Their treasure is their only trust,
A cloaked craft their store of skill:
But all the pleasure that I find
Is to maintain a quiet mind.

My wealth is health and perfect ease,
My conscience clear my choice defence;
I neither seek by bribes to please,
Nor by deceit to breed offence.
Thus do I live; thus will I die;
Would all did so as well as I!

Sir Edward Dyer (1543-1607)



Life

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. strawberry_sweetieMarch 2, 2008 at 3:14 AM

    Nice poem :-) Chuc Anh luon enjoy life nhe'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anh lãng ạmn lắm anh kỹ sư IT à, mà thơ hay, ý nghĩa!

    ReplyDelete